Collection of information — As a general policy, we do not automatically collect personal information from the individuals visiting our site. We collect information in these ways:
Automated information: When you access the MyFelineBuddy.com site, the web server of our website automatically logs some non-personal information. This info may include the internet protocol address of your internet service provider, user-agent string data (browser type, version and extension, if any), your device type (and its operating system), user language preferences, the website or HTTP referrer which linked to the info accessed on or requested from our website, as well as cookie data. This data is not user-specific and does not ascertain your apparent identity. When we utilize unique identifiers to identify you or if we associate this log data to personal data, we shall seek your consent to process your personal data in this way. Our website does use other data collection technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and page tags. We ask you to read about cookies below so as to understand what they are, what they are utilized for, and what you can do to have control over them.
The information you provide to us: We do not collect personally identifiable information in an automatic manner. We do, however, collect personally identifiable information if you choose to create a shopping account, register for clubs, participate in site competitions or sweepstakes, if you contact us directly, or if you submit content, feedback, or suggestions to us. This information could include your full name, e-mail address, telephone number, age, gender, your home (or other) physical address, as well as your hobbies and preferences.
Use of information — We use personally identifiable info you provide when registering and creating shopping accounts, to create and manage your account and to provide the particular services for which your registration is necessary. Furthermore, we use this personally identifiable information to offer the services, products, or information requested by you, enter you into various relevant site competitions, promotions, or coupons and manage prizes and awards, and in order to respond to your questions, comments, or suggestions.
- We use non-personally identifiable info to review site usage for the primary purpose of optimizing both the design and content of MyFelineBuddy.com so as to maintain the security and integrity of our site, as well as to evaluate the effectiveness of the content we produce. We will not use personally identifiable information from children without the express consent of parents or guardians. We also don’t combine non-personally identifiable information with that which is personally identifiable.
- Consent/Opt-In: Please note that we do rely on your consent for uses of your personal data. If you are an EEA resident, we may require you, in accordance with EU GDPR, to sign a specific consent request form and opt in to certain uses of your personal data including, for instance, direct marketing or third-party disclosure. Do note that where our processing of data relies on your consent, you have the right to opt out or completely withdraw your consent at any time.
Sharing and Disclosure Information with Third Parties
All of the data collected by us is kept confidential and not rented or sold. We shall not disclose, disseminate, or transfer your information to third parties outside of MyFelineBuddy.com without your explicit consent or, in the case of minors, without parental consent. Please note, however, that we might disclose personal information in cases where we are required to do so by the law or in compliance with any legal obligation whatsoever — such as accounting and/or tax reporting, in our legitimate interest to our potential partners like investors, sponsors of our business, and advertisers, or to our contractors, suppliers, and service providers who provide services and products on our behalf. Our suppliers and service providers must agree to protect your personal information and utilize it solely in connection with the particular requested service (or product).
Legal bases for processing personally identifiable information
In compliance with EU’s data protection laws, we must demonstrate the lawful grounds for processing your personal data.
– Your consent: Occasionally we might invite you to opt-in to receive our newsletters, product news, offers, or direct marketing. If you do provide your consent, we will process your data for the specific purposes for which your consent was given.
– Performance of the contract. The terms and conditions governing MyFelineBuddy.com constitute a binding legal agreement between us and the users of our products and services. If you purchase services and products that are under our Terms and Conditions or any other binding legal agreement between yourself and us, we will process your personal data as is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you. We shall not collect personal data that is not needed for the performance of the contract.
– Protecting your vital interests. We may process your personal data if it is absolutely necessary to protect you from harm.
– Compliance with any legal obligation. We may process your data as is necessary for compliance with any legal obligations including for taxation, accounting.
– Legitimate interests. We might process your data in the exercise of our legal business interests including, for example, for investment purposes, acquisitions, as well as mergers, or third parties we have contracted to provide services on our behalf. This will not involve the use of personal data for purposes such as for direct marketing, and we shall not share or transfer your data to our potential suppliers if that would involve a substantial and, even more, unjustifiable impact on your personal privacy.
Session cookies are cookies that are only active during your browsing session, and that disappear when you decide to close your browser and exit the site. We utilize session cookies to remember user actions upon visiting MyFelineBuddy.com. For instance, session cookies help memorize the items or products you have placed in a shopping cart while you are continuing to browse the site or the content you view on the site. If you log into your account on the site, session cookies save and remember login information so that you aren’t required to enter it over again as you browse different sections on the site.
Persistent cookies remain on a user’s device for a longer period of time. They allow MyFelineBuddy.com to remember your preferences across the site and in some cases, across different websites. Persistent cookies enable us to recommend content that we think is relevant and useful to you.
Controlling cookies. Do note that you can control cookies by changing your browser’s settings to accept, block, or even delete cookies. You can block all of the cookies or only those from third parties. We rely on some types of cookies for MyFelineBuddy.com to function correctly. If you delete or block all cookies from MyFelineBuddy.com, you may not be able to save your preferences or utilize certain parts of this website.
Links to other sites. MyFelineBuddy.com may include links from other sites, including, for instance, information pertaining to pet insurance providers. The site may also include links to sites offering pet products and equipment. We might include those particular links and content mainly for informational purposes. We do not own, operate, or control those sites, and our inclusion does not constitute approval or endorsement. We do not make, provide, or imply any warranty or representation regarding the suitability of services or products made available afterward, or the security of those particular websites. You agree that you assume the individual risk of accessing those sites via the links included on our site.
Data retention. MyFelineBuddy.com does not retain personal data without any basis. We only retain personal information that is absolutely necessary for the provision of services that are requested by you, performance of our contractual obligations in accordance with our Terms and Conditions or as possibly otherwise required by law. In compliance with EU’s GDPR, we do erase personal data which is no longer necessary with respect to the purposes for which it was collected or in respect of which consent has been withdrawn.
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure. MyFelineBuddy.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program which is designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Children’s Online Privacy. We respect the privacy needs of children. While our services attract individuals below the age of majority, we do not especially market to children who are under the age of 13 or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from them. When our services involve the collection of personal information from children under 13, we will demand personal consent in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Your Rights. If you are an EU/EEA resident, you have certain rights with regard to the personal information that we hold about you. You, of course, have the right to control your own personal data and that also includes withdrawing your consent at any time; you also have the right to access and request a copy of the personal data that we might or might not hold about you, and you naturally hold the right to object to or restrict the processing of personal data, the right to require rectification of either incomplete or possibly incorrect data, as well as the right to allow portability of your personal data among or between service providers.
Data security and our commitment to it. The team at MyFelineBuddy.com has adopted suitable technical and organizational measures to promote the integrity, as well as the security, of your personal data and protect it from various risks that are presented by the processing of personal data, such as accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, loss, unauthorised disclosure of or access to, the personal information transmitted, stored, or otherwise processed. In compliance with the EU GDPR, we have adopted internal policies so as to reduce, to the extent that is possible, the processing of personal information, to de-personalize personal info as soon as possible, and letting data subjects to control their data.
Notice of personal data reach. In the (unlikely) event of a personal data breach that could result in a risk to your rights or freedoms, we will immediately notify you of the breach and provide you with information explaining its nature, contact details of our data protection officer, as well as the possible consequences of said breach.
This policy was last updated on Jan 1st, 2019.